Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Not sure what to call this one

I am currently sat on the sofa with my ankle resting on a chair and it has an ice pack on. Yes, I have a sports injury - a real one! Does this make me a proper athlete now?
Last Monday when I went running I twisted my ankle and for a few days afterwards I had pins and needles in that part of my ankle. This didn't ring any alarm bells because I thought I wasn't being active enough, and pledged to go out for a walk on my lunch break, or at least go for a lunch break. After some advice from someone who knows about these things I put it on ice and elevated it and it was fine. Until tonight.
Another run and although I didn't twist it again, the pins and needles have come back, so now so has the ice pack. Brilliant in this freezing weather. Not.
Holler to my friend Mike who has just done a 31mile ultra marathon with Tendonitis. Now I feel lame...
But it hasn't all been doom and gloom. Swimming is going well and we're looking forward to getting out on the bikes when the weather gets better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Becky!!! Hope you feel better soon!
    I had to go to the physio last night as I had a swollen knee but he's given me the all clear. Swimming should help strengthen it again though :)

    ReplyDelete